- Check In: 14:00 PM
- Check out: 11:00 AM
- Breakfast: 8:00 - 10:00 AM
- Taxes Included
- Deposits: Walk-in, phone or direct email reservations require a deposit.
- The deposit is equivilent to the first night or if more than 1 night, 50% of the over all reservation total.
- Pre-Authorization is required for all bookings reserved via credit card*
- Cancellations made 7 day or less prior to check-in will result in the fee of 50% of the reservation total
- Cancellations made 2 days or less prior to check-in will result in the fee of 100% of the reservation total
Package Policy (Holidays & Events)
New Years Eve, Carnaval, Rock in Rio, etc
- 50% deposit in required 48 hours to finalize booking
- If price is displayed in USD, a 50% deposit is required in this currency
- Balance due upon arrival (In USD if indicated)
Package Cancellation Policy:
- All deposits are non-refundable
- 14 day cancellation policy. Failure to cancel within this time will result in a cancellation charge equal to 100% of your balance due.
- “No show” or “Early check-out” will not be refunded
*Pre-authorization is required on all Credit Cards
All reservations must be guaranteed by a valid credit card at time of booking. Discovery Suites Rio reserves the right to pre-authorize the provided credit cards up to the full reservation amount at point of reservation. Non-valid credit cards will result in automatic cancellation of the reservation.
What is Pre-Authorization?
To adhere to proper card acceptance and validation norms defined by credit card associations, all hotels are required to pre-authorize - or separately, charge - all provided credit cards. A pre-authorization will place the pre-authorized amount in a holding-state and temporarily reduce one's credit card limit, but it is NOT a transaction charge and will not be reflected in one's credit card statement. Depending on one's credit card bank's set up, the pre-authorized amount will drop off typically after 14 days.
For assurance, Guests whose credit cards have been pre-authorized are encouraged to check with their respective credit card bank to:
- Confirm the above understanding of pre-authorization;
- Confirm that a pre-authorization - and NOT a charge - has been performed; and
- Affirm the pre-authorized amount and when it will drop off as scheduled.